VA Department of Environmental Quality
EIR and Federal Consistency
Project Description as Proposed:
The following activities will be performed as part of this project:
- Conduct federal consistency reviews of activities which can affect Virginia's coastal uses and resources pursuant to the CZMA and the federal consistency regulations.
- Coordinate Virginia's review of environmental documents for development of federal and state facilities and actions which require federal approvals or assistance.
- Continue to update Virginia's EIR manual and federal consistency information packages as necessary.
- Provide interpretation of federal consistency requirements to federal agencies, applicants for federal permits, approvals, or funding, and consultants preparing consistency determinations or certifications.
- Provide technical assistance to state reviewers and local government officials on the use of federal consistency and conduct group trainings (when there are opportunities to do so) at workshops sponsored by other agencies.
- Maintain and update the EIR/Federal Consistency website.
- Ensure public participation in the review of federal consistency documents to include publishing notices of consistency reviews in appropriate media such as local newspapers and holding public hearings when necessary; and
- Conduct site visits as necessary.
- Participate in routine program change discussions that may occur during the open award period.
Ellie L. Irons; 804.698.4325, firstname.lastname@example.org
10/1/2012 - 9/30/2013; Project Open
Final Product Received:
Project Summary Provided by Grantee:
Disclaimer: This project summary provides the federal dollars initially awarded to the grantee. Due to underexpenditure or reprogramming of grant funds, this figure may change. For more information on the allocation of coastal grant funds, please contact Laura McKay, Virginia Coastal Program Manager, at 804.698.4323 or email: Laura.McKay@deq.virginia.gov
A more detailed Scope of Work for this project is available. Please direct your request for a copy to Virginia.Witmer@deq.virginia.gov